After 120+ applications from around the globe, the NadiFin Fintech Accelerator Program powered by MiddleGame Ventures, in partnership with Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) and Standard Chartered, announces its latest cohort of 10 early stage fintech companies.
10 of the most promising Fintech companies from around the world will convene virtually this fall in specially designed online workshops spanning two full weeks of instruction and one-on-one engagement with mentors, investors, and other startups.
Pascal Bouvier, Managing Partner of MiddleGame Ventures, notes: “We believe that NadiFin is an evolution for accelerator programs. First, it is investor-led and incumbent driven. Second, the peer-to-peer focus of the program is ideal for a startup team to fully digest and implement the curriculum. MiddleGame Ventures is delighted to build on the success of the 2019 program and welcome the second NadiFin cohort. ”
NadiFin features a bespoke curriculum to prepare entrepreneurs for scaling their businesses for profitable growth. The program is uniquely built from the ground up with experienced investor knowledge from MiddleGame Ventures, supplemented by key learnings from previous participants and input from financial services partners, including program sponsors BBH and Standard Chartered.
BBH’s Head of Digital and Data Services, Joshua Fine said: “We are excited to be part of the NadiFin incubator event again this year. Building connections with others in the ecosystem in support of our common clients is critical – we all need to be flexible, adaptable, and forward-thinking.”
BBH’s Head of Data Strategy in Europe, Adnan Khan added: “This program creates a level of partnership that goes beyond product – it starts with a foundational shared dialogue and is true mentorship.”
"While this type of interactive learning and mentoring is always valuable, in the current economic environment start-ups will be greatly challenged and ensuring that strong solutions for real problems do not fall to the wayside is critical.", detailed Dominic Maffei, SC Ventures Lead FM & UK.
The cohort will be immersed in a curriculum which integrates mentors, speakers, investors, and peers to help the companies grow to the next level across all of their key strategic vectors (i.e. value proposition, team, business model mapping, fund-raising, etc).
The cohort will compete in a trademarked peer-voting startup accelerator curriculum (powered by Village Capital), where participants rate the value proposition across key venture readiness metrics, leading to a €100,000 investment from MiddleGame Ventures.
"Fintech is playing an even more pivotal role in the sustainability of financial institutions. We are very happy at the LHoFT to support NadiFin as it helps to develop robust fintech businesses that can make a real difference to the future of the EU’s financial services sector,” comments Nasir Zubairi, CEO of the LHoFT.
The 2020 NadiFin Fintech Accelerator Cohort:
- CardsPal: CardsPal is a one-stop credit card deals discovery platform that empowers customers to maximise savings.
- Cledara: We standardise the way companies discover, buy, manage and cancel their SaaS.
- FAC (Fund Admin Chain): FAC is a digital funds network for launching and trading investment funds.
- Greenomy: RegTech SaaS platform enabling Europe’s companies and institutional investors to comply with the EU's new Sustainable Finance standards, accelerating the transition to a carbon neutral economy.
- Keyrock: Keyrock offers market making and liquidity provision services for financial markets.
- Lacero: Policy engines for compliance, governance and control of Digital Assets and Data Objects.
- Loancorp: Loancorp is a secure online Wholesale Banking loans platform accessible by Lenders, Bookrunner Banks and Borrowers.
- Nayms: Smart contract platform for the placement, trade, reporting and settlement of insurance risk.
- NextGate: Data-driven FundTech that provides innovative Software-as-a-Service solutions for the asset management industry.
- SoCash: The platform to connect banks to retail networks enabling cash and banking services for consumers.
Press release by LHoFT